Friday 24 August 2012

Day 107 - ON THE DRIVEWAY

I am not an outdoors girl. So unfortunately, I tend to be a bit slow in encouraging my kids to play outside. Oh and it has been a bit cold around here lately too!!

But today, the sudden desire to clean my kitchen window to let more of the sunshine in lead to a great outdoor play session for Mia and I.

She rode her bike on the driveway.


Then we cleaned all her little chairs and table and she had morning tea.


Then it was time to ride her bike again. But first she ran inside the house shouting "be back in a minute Mummy".  She then showed that she really is her father's daughter by appearing with her iPod which she then placed in her basket to listen to whilst riding. So as I helped my daughter ride her bike up and down the driveway we listened to "C is for Cookie" by the Cookie Monster. A big hit in the preschool top 40 in this house!!

Then apparently the next door neighbours' cat needed to listen to the music and be shown the iPod too!!


Then it was time for a bit of a sing and dance on the driveway!!
(don't you sometimes do that too?)


Finally, Mummy had to go back inside to do some more housework but Mia continued to enjoy the outdoors with a bit of play dough fun. 
Oh and can you spot her iPod on the railing? Play dough needs background music too apparently!!


So following on from yesterday's post about the "requirements" our new house will need. I really hope it has a great backyard for my kids to play in.....and especially room for a trampoline which they have been promised if possible. 

I really love to see the kids play outside. So much better than seeing them staring at the screen playing the Xbox. So I will again be trying to find as many outdoor toys for them to play with like we had in our old house. Of course, mentioning our old house makes me sad (I miss it lots). We had the perfect outdoor toys there.....a swing set and a swimming pool!! Both of which Mia misses very much and still mentions. Oh well, later today Mia and I will go out to buy some bubble blowing toys to start with for our next outdoor play session.

Do you have any ideas for great backyard toys and activities for kids of all ages??


No comments:

Post a Comment